In Norway, Abbot Dhammajayo founded a Meditation Centre.
Wat Phra Dhammakaya Norway (Det Norske Dhammakaya Samfunn) was founded in May 2006
Based on the Vision of World Peace as ‘World Peace through Inner Peace’ we focus on teaching meditation as our main activities.
The Objectives of Wat Phra Dhammakaya Norway are as follows:
1. To promote peace in Norway through inner peace by means of meditation practice.
2. To promote the culture of peace through the teachings of Buddhism.
3. To build infrastructure to accommodate the teaching of meditation and the culture of peace.
4. To make philanthropic donation to other organizations.
5. To support local community employment — permanent or temporary.
6. To support the Thai community in Norway.
7. To work with other organizations to promote Thai culture in Norway.
“The dream of world peace will never come true
if the dreamer is unable to find his or her own inner contentment.
Once everyone experiences inner happiness,
true world peace will occur.”
Dhammakaya Foundation, Thailand
The world has witnessed an endless number of peace conferences and dialogues, yet true peace has never been achieved. The simple truth is we, human race, have not experienced the inner peace before we campaign for world peace. The rich may not have peace for fear of losing their wealth. The poor may not have peace for the hunger that keeps striking. All on earth are in need of peace.
Real peace starts from inside. Human race is blessed with the ability to install their inner peace. Regardless of creeds, colours and culture, ‘meditation’ is the gift for mankind. Meditation is universal for every faith.
Wat Phra Dhammakaya Norway are established to serve the norwegian community regardless of creeds, colours and culture. Everyone is welcome to join our class for the public, on weekdays and Sundays.
Only after the individuals have gained Inner Peace, the desired World Peace then can be achieved. If we have Inner Peace today, the world will have peace today. If our mind is peaceful tomorrow, tomorrow the world will change.